Potassium Metabisulfite 1kg

$14.95
Out of stock
SKU
RET1229

PotassiumMetabisulfite 

Na2S2O5- 1kg



Also known as Campden tablets. Used to remove chlorine from water and prevent wild yeast growth.

 

  • More effective an sodium metabisulfite.
  • Dissolves in water to produce sulfur dioxide gas, which acts as an antioxidant.
  • Eliminates chlorine and chloramines from brewing water.
  • Suppresses mold and wild yeast growth on all contact surfaces.
  • Can be used as a food preservative.
  • Mixes with citric acid to form a non-rinse sanitiser.

 

Directions for use

For dechlorination, dosage rates depend on the concentration of chlorine and chloramine in water (contact your local water supplier). The dosage for removing chlorine is the chlorine concentration divided by 1.564. The dosage for removing chloramine is the chloramine concentration divided by 3.127.

For food and beverage preservation, the typical dosage is 192mg to every litre of liquid.

To make a non-rinse sanitiser, mix 2 teaspoons (10ml) of potassium metabisulfite with 1 teaspoon of citric acid (5ml) to every gallon (3.8L) of water.

 

Safety Precautions

Potassium metasilicate is an antioxidant and should NOT be mixed with any oxidizing agents such a sodium percarbonate and sodium hydroxide.

 

 

 

 

 

 

More Information
RibbonNone
DiscontinuedNo
Order By RequestNo
SaleNo
NewNo
Write Your Own Review
You're reviewing:Potassium Metabisulfite 1kg
Your Rating