D47 Wine Yeast 10g
D47 Wine Yeast 10g
10g D47 Wine Yeast
25g per 100L
Temperature Range 15 - 30 C
Ideal for white wine and rose' red wine production, mead and cider.
This yeast is highly recommended for barrel fermentation.
Lalvin D47™ has been isolated in France in the Côtes-du-Rhône area by the ICV (Institut Coopératif du Vin) to produce full-bodied barrel-fermented Chardonnay and other white varietal grapes. Due to the release of polysaccharides into the must during fermentation, this yeast contributes to a round, soft palate with good weight.
This process can also help to stabilize aromatic compounds. Lalvin D47™ is highly recommended to produce premium, barrel fermented Chardonnay. When left on lees, spicy, tropical and citrus notes will develop and the wine is then said to have a silky persistence. This strain is very compatible with malolactic-bacteria.
Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. cerevisiae
Typical analysis (in compliance with OIV codex):
Viable yeast > 1010 CFU/g
Dry matter > 92 %
- Short lag phase and moderately vigorous fermentation
- Low relative nitrogen demand (under controlled laboratory conditions)
- Very low H2S production
- Alcohol tolerance of up to 15% v/v (depending on fermentation conditions)
- Low SO2 production
- Fermentation temperature: 15-30°C (59-86°F)
- Competitive killer factor: yes
- Malolactic-bacteria compatibility: very high
- Low foam producer
DOSAGE RATE: 1 x 5g sachet for 4.5 – 23L
1. Rehydrate the yeast in 50ml of water, at a temperature between 35-37°C (95-98.6°F).
2. Dissolve by gently stirring and wait for 20 minutes.
3. Add the must. The difference in temperature between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should not be higher than 10°C (if necessary, acclimatize the temperature of the medium by slowly adding must).
4. The total rehydration time should not exceed 45 minutes.
5. It is crucial that a clean container is used to rehydrate the yeast.
6. Rehydration in must is not recommended.
PACKAGING AND STORAGE
Available in 5g nitrogen-flushed sachets to maintain optimal yeast viability.
It is recommended to store Lalvin ICV/D47™ yeast in dry conditions, between 4 and 15°C, for optimal viability and product performance. It is however not detrimental for the product to remain at room temperature for shorts periods of time, such as during transport. The yeast will rapidly lose activity after exposure to air.
|Order By Request||No|